Those who know me know I can’t/don’t indulge much because my spirit is so sensitive now. And yet, I won’t deny the way Hip-Hop so powerfully represents the woven threads that comprise the fabric of my being.
Here are the top 10 rap lyrics that speak to me, shaped me, and basically sum up who I am:
- “Let’s get it straight hun, my name’s Veronica!” – It Doesn’t Matter by Wyclef Jean
- “No doubt we represent P.H.I.L.A.”– Philly, Philly by Eve
- “There’s a stable way of living, I just had to stop” – Streets Is Watching by Jay Z
- “My life is based on sacrifices” – Politics As Usual by Jay Z
- “She likes to dance to the rap jams” – Around The Way Girl by LL Cool J
- “I never brag, how real I keep it, cuz it’s the best secret” Take It In Blood by Nas
- “I bear my soul” – Look Through My Eyes by DMX
- “I’m kinda young, but my tongue speaks maturity” – I Got It Made by Special Ed
- “Ain’t no half steppin” – Ain’t No Half Steppin by Big Daddy Kane
- “Until my death, my goal is to stay alive” Survival of the Fittest by Mobb Deep
HEY, Before You GO...
I'm working on TONS of great stuff for the Broccoli of Dating!
Make sure you SUBSCRIBE and stay up to date!