One day, my bite-sized bff (she’s so short and cute) and I were talking about our dating woes and she said very matter of factly, “I’m kiiiiiind of a fish you don’t want to throw back in the pond!” I think we laughed for 5 minutes straight. It was pretty hilarious but I was in full agreement. She’s one heck-of-a-woman!
Here’s the thing, I may or may not be half the woman she is, but I think I’m AIGHT! No matter how thorough I may feel I am though, there are so many things I know will warrant a side eye in marriage (lol).
Future Hubby/Bae/Love Bug/Stink Stink/Sugar Toes, I want to apologize ahead of time because…
- My nighttime routine is RIDICULOUS! I get on my own nerves so, I can only imagine how another person will feel.
- I can only express things verbally once I’ve processed them internally.
- I have a really strong personality (I actually just came to grips with this after my last few posts lol)
- My humor is inappropriate at times (ok—most times)
- When I love and believe in you, at times the way I show my support can seem too pushy or critical. I’m working on it though.
- I don’t like talking when I first wake up. I know it won’t be realistic to do this in marriage but maybe we can come to some sort of agreement.
- I touch when I talk.
- I poot in my sleep. I only know because I’ve startled myself before. Not sure there’s anything I can do about this. Well maybe there is. Which brings me to the next thing…
- I’m lactose intolerant but still indulge in diary.
- I only back into parking spaces
- I’m extroverted in front of people but will likely seem more introverted around you
- I have a closet full of clothes but wear the same thing almost every day. And yes, I still want to shop. How else will I get new uniforms?
- I’m lazy but I get stuff done (lol). Let’s call it, strategic laziness.
- I watch Frasier every night to fall asleep
- I quote rap lyrics the way some people quote Aristotle
- I’m a sexual trauma survivor so I have triggers that surface when I’m in an intimate relationship. Since I know I will feel safe with you, this shouldn’t be a problem because we can talk about it.
- I’m not attached to my hair so it will be short one day and long the next (like it or not, weave will be a part of our lives lol)
- I have two cats. The only way I’m getting rid of them is if you are deathly afraid or have an allergy. They are cute and YOU WILL LOVE THEM (lol)!
- I’m a smidge hood.
- I can be pretty tightly wound and rigid at times.